By Trevor O’Keeffe – Head Chef at The Metropole Hotel Cork
Lemon Posset Ingredients
- 600ml double cream
- 200g golden caster sugar
- zest 3 lemons, plus 75ml juice
- Stewed rhubarb
- 200g rhubarb
- 100g caster
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- To make the Posset…
- Put the cream in a big saucepan with the sugar and gently heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted.
- Bring to a simmer and bubble for 1 min.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Divide between pots or glasses, cool to room temperature, then carefully cover and chill for at least 3 hrs, or up to 24 hrs.
- To make the Stewed rhubarb…
- Add rhubarb sugar and cinnamon to pot and cook on a medium heat till soft
- Transfer to bowl and cool down
- Use the stewed rhubarb to top the lemon posset jars and serve