Female Business Travel Safety Policy
Our commitment to you
Why are we the perfect hotel for the female corporate traveller?
Female team members have become a more active business traveller in the recent years, but new research has shown that corporate travel policies have been very slow to adapt to these new changes.
Corporate travel policies aren’t really being built with female travellers in mind. While 69 percent agreed that women face greater risk than men on the road, only 18 percent of policies specifically address the safety and security of female business travellers and only 21 percent have revisited their travel program due to these concerns*.
At Trigon Hotels, we have recognised the queries from our Corporate clients who are keen to do more to ensure the safety of our female road warriors. When it comes to the safety and peace of mind of our guests, our team go that extra mile for you, which is why we are delighted in 2021 to launch our Female Business Traveller Policy at Cork International Hotel.
Here are some of the extra initiatives we have in place to better care for you during your stay and ensure you feel safe and comfortable. Please note that these facilities and initiatives are of course available to all guests who stay with us.
- 24/7 service – Our Corporate Ambassador Daniel is available via email or phone before during and after your visit. He can assist our guests with anything they may require, from dinner reservations at recommended restaurants in well-lit public areas, booking a meeting room space, or the arrangement of transportation or travel advice to and from destinations or meetings.
- Our team are fully knowledgeable and will show you every courtesy and keep your check-in information and room number discreet.
- Our dedicated Group Corporate and MICE Sales Manager Kylie Basnett is also available should you have any particular requests or queries in advance of your stay.
- Cork International Hotel is safely located outside the city centre at the Cork Airport Business Park. Located near to Cork Airport, there is always a taxi just a few minutes away and our team would be happy to summon one for you. Our taxi bay is just outside our door and the bus top, which goes to the city centre, is also just outside our door – This means all walking to and from our reception is minimised.
- We only use fully traceable taxi services to ensure the highest level of safety for our guests.
- For business guests travelling by car, we have plenty of secure, well-lit on-site parking. Should you need assistance, you can ring the front desk and a team member can escort you to and from your car.
- Our team can allocate you a private spot in our restaurant for your meals or you can avail of our 24 hour rooms service.
- Room services can be delivered by our female team members if required, please request over the phone when placing your order, or add a note to your booking.
- We have a small onsite shop for purchasing snacks, minerals, toiletries and other personal items. Our front desk can also deliver these discreetly to your room if required.
- As part of our commitment to the health and wellbeing of guests staying with us, especially our corporate guests, we offer a plant library. Indoor plants are available at reception for you to borrow throughout your stay. Plants have long been known to offer benefits for us including improved psychological (mental) well-being and improved physical human health (i.e. they support fitness and general health). Take a plant and enjoy some of the benefits including an improved mood and reduced stress levels.
- Our bedrooms offer endless convenience including – work desks, 500 MB WiFi, good lighting, blackout blinds and double-glazed windows to guarantee a quiet environment, but our teams can also facilitate a workspace for you in one of our meeting rooms for a small additional cost, or on our first floor lobby space if you prefer.
- Our hotel has 24 hour security checks and our front desk is staffed around the clock and can be contacted any time of the day or night for assistance.
- For our guests’ security and safety, we have no ground floor bedrooms. All our rooms are allocated on upper levels of the hotel. Rooms can be assigned on specific floors or near to elevators if required. Repeat guests can request the same room number as their previous stay.
- Room security includes double locks on bedroom doors and peep holes.
- There is a laptop size safe in all bedrooms to protect all your personal belongings.
- We offer complimentary bottled water in all bedrooms
- All our rooms are fitted with power hair driers in bedrooms.
- Paul Costello toiletries can be found in your bathroom.
- All rooms are fitted with tea and coffee making facilities including a selection of herbal teas. These will be restocked during your stay.
- We offer large wardrobe spaces, iron and ironing board in all our bedrooms.
- In-room express check out is available.
- Dining outlets and menus offer a range of healthy dishes, which include a selection of vegetarian and vegan options.
- Complimentary umbrellas are available for guest use in the lobby.
- For fitness lovers, we offer a secure, monitored gym facility on our first floor accessed just off the main upper lobby.
- We also share with guests our 5km mapped running route around the brightly lit business park, which has it’s own 24 hour manned security and high resolution CCTV monitoring for your safety.