By Anna Hevers – Graduate Intern from Shannon College of Hotel Management
Sausage Mummies Ingredients
- 1 Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet
- 6 sausages – O’Flynns are fantastic
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Halloween eye cake decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the Jus Rol pastry using a pizza cutter length ways so you have a good long strip to wrap around the sausage.
- Starting from the bottom wrap the dough around the sausage leaving a small gap at the top to stick down the eyes once they are cooked. Repeat this process for all the sausages. Cover each sausage mummy with some egg wish so they have a nice golden-brown finish.
- Place the sausages down on some parchment paper on a tray and place them into the oven for 20 minutes. For the last five minutes turn the oven up to 220C.
- Once they have cooled a little bit from the oven use some honey to stick down the eyes.